What does your 'out of office' message say about you? We’re back soon!
This one says everything we need to know:
- Reason for out-of-office
- Duration that you’re away
- If you’ll check emails at all ie once a day
- When you are back and ready to respond
The permanent out of office
Can be good if you really cannot answer on a daily basis but really, is it good practise to avoid responding within 24 hours? If you must use, how about adding alternative contact details instead?
Out of Office on long after return
If your email system doesn’t allow you to set start and end dates for your out–of-office to be on, how about putting a reminder in your calendar to turn it off on the day you return? We know you’re back!
Lack of action point
- What should we do if we can’t get hold of you?
- Is there an alternative contact or any information?
- Does your alternative contact know their name has been given?
- We’re too busy to answer your email.
Great, so you don’t want my business then?
What’s your idea of a great out-of-office message? Do share it below or tweet us on @CraftySkills1