If you work mainly on your own, co-working is a great way to exchange ideas, share knowledge and meet people. If an excuse was needed, it’s the perfect one to get out and have some banter! Here are our top tips to ways to make it fun and productive and be the go-to co-worker:
- Plan your work for co-working days. What short, simple, tasks can you do that will withstand interruptions and background banter? Research, writing your action plan or goals or creating new website contact are great jobs to do with people around you to help. Or use it as a day to catch up on responding to and clearing all your emails.
- Being able to brainstorm ideas in real time is enough to spur you on to take that new project forward. Now people know about it, they will be asking you for an update, encouraging you to doing it!
- If you’re spending a few hours at the co-working venue, take your meetings there. It breaks up the day, stretches your legs and is an excellent opportunity to fit in those coffee-catch-ups with people who want to meet with you all in one. Bonus, you don’t have to go outdoors or make the coffee!
- This is also the place to ask questions; need an app to help organise your time better? Someone here will know one and not only recommend it, but happily show you how to use it, saving you time and sealing a new friendship into the bargain.
- Lock in to your tasks in hand and only get up to get another drink/lunch/bathroom break when you deserve it!
- Coworking is a fantastic way of keeping abreast of business news, contacts and technology.
Moe information about the co-working event Birmingham Jelly can be found here.
To improve your time-management skills and work productively, book a one2one and learn how!