Success for me is unlikely to be defined by money.
- Success means the freedom to take on the projects you want to work on. Would you like to choose what you work on every single day? As long as the revenue is steady, you can work on whatever you want to.
- Freedom to engage in any industry, not just the one you have experience or qualifications in. This has enabled me to create niches for myself despite not having experience from the corporate world. It is unlikely I would be doing the work I'm doing now, specialising in supporting the micro business, if I was a full time employee. I know many people who are working for themselves in completely different fields to their corporate worlds from copywriter to photographer, social worker to baker and nurse to marketing.
- Working with people you want to and choosing your own clients, suppliers and partners. This enables you to work only with inspiring, positive and helpful people. Would you like your world filled just with these great individuals?
- To spend your time working the way you want to, trying out methods, tools and ideas as you go. Success for me is loving all seven days of the week. I love Mondays!
- Being productive whenever and wherever you like. Every day, my trusty laptop and I work from my favourite local indie coffee houses and quite often on the train. A few times a year, it comes with me to the countryside, another city or abroad. If you love what you do, why stop doing it? If you are productive and your clients like you enough to come to you, you decide when you want to work, whenever you are inspired to do so.
Personally, success means I get to travel around the world, several times a year, working or not working. As I always say, all I need is coffee and travel!