Goals are Dreams with Deadlines
There have been so many requests for goal setting workshops this year, it's a good time to share some of the basic steps to help you achieve yours. After all, if you can see the target, you are more likely to hit it!
- Decide what you want in each area of your life. Be specific and write it all down with a deadline for each main goal.
- Break your main goals into smaller chunks and assign short-term, achievable deadlines for each.
- Make a list of everything you need to do to achieve these goals. Organise your list into priority order.
- Read your goals out aloud every morning before you start your day.
- Go through your list and do something every single day to help you reach your goals. Just one phone call or 10 minutes of research means you are nearer to reaching your goals.
Do change your goals as you feel fit. As you get new ideas, your priorities will change so update your goals to what’s more important to you right now.
Finally, reward yourself for achieving your short term goals, even it’s just cracking open a packet of the ‘good’ biscuits with your afternoon coffee! Celebrate every achievement!