Is greed still good or are there more important aspirations?Do we still regard the old stereotype of having an abundance of money/cars/homes means success? Or does happiness equal success?
Is the freedom to choose the life you want to live the ultimate luxury? Be that a family life, living in the country or a life of adventure - or all three!
Yes, financial stability is important however, here is what makes me love life, every minute of it:
→The Fun/Fun balance
Being able to do whatever I want to do every day is my definition of happiness, which ultimately equal success. Waking up and looking forward to the day, whichever the day is, fired up with ideas (too many in my case!) is what inspires me to get up and going. My aim is to love what I do90% of the time – the other 10% is dealing with finances or fixing technical errors, never fun for me but obviously a joy if that’s what you love to do!
→Being able to travel
Travel is my main motivation, outside the need to eat, be warm etc! Over the years I’ve changed my business it works around my life and love of travel rather than having the other way around. In recent years, I’ve put my lifestyle first and everything else around that. It’s amazing how much more successful I feel now!
→Surrounded by fabulous people
Collaborating with and mixing only with people I want to is vital to my success and well-being. I strive to choose my clients, my colleagues and partners and surround myself with enthusiastic, happy and positive people.
→Fresh coffee. Good cake
Do I need to explain that one?!
People often comment on how lucky I am to do what I love, live where I want, travel and be who I want to be. I’ll share what I say to them – luck has nothing to do with it! We make our own luck and can change anything about our lives, anytime. If we want to badly enough.
What’s your definition of success? Have you already achieved success without knowing it?