If there is any one drink I could sip until the sun sets it is Sangria. It is very easy to drink and has been the culprit of many a lost afternoon. And most of the evening.
Basically it is thick red wine and orange juice. I asked a Spanish bartender friend which oranges are best to use for Sangria. Seville oranges maybe? He just rolled his eyes at me and produced a bottle of orange Fanta.
Right, ok, then..
So, we need the following:
- One deep punch bowl and cling film to cover.
- White Spirit, such as Gin or Tequila 100 ml
- 500 ml of thick Spanish Red. Rioja or similar.
- 500 ml of Orange Fanta
- The juice of two Seville oranges. (I don't care what anybody says)
- One more orange, sliced
- One lemon, cut into wedges
- Two tablespoons of brown sugar
Add all of the above to the punch bowl, an stir in. Cover with cling film and leave to sit in a fridge for an hour. Then serve it up when your Paella is ready.
Chin, chin is Spanish for Cheers.
Apparently. Take a look at all the Spanish recipes here.