Every minute you are not marketing your business, your competitors are.
working with Start Ups
Step-by-step guidance on starting, growing and promoting your business.
- exploring the business idea - who will buy?
- becoming self employed
- what to charge
- equipment & online tools
- legals & must dos
- emails & the cloud
- offline & online, branding, website, domains,
- social media, newsletters, blogging
- press & publicity
- sales - who are the customers & how to find them
- AIDCA technique
who is the competition
- start up & running costs
- getting paid
- revenue and profit
- paying staff
- tax & VAT
Situation - client has been made redundant and we explored becoming a self employed florist. Market research dictated that the niche should be funeral flowers.
- Branding - ensured it was consistent and appealed to the client base.
- After social media workshop, it was decided to concentrate on Facebook.
- Looked at best suppliers to negotiate with and who took less time to travel to
- Branched out to work with fake flowers after a trial run
- Set up as a sole trader to keep accounting simple
Result - client has grown more confident with negotiation, selling and social media with a marked increase in sales through Facebook and good turnover in first few months.